Writer: Steve Byrns, 325-653-4576, email@example.com
Contact: Josh Blanek, 325-659-6523, firstname.lastname@example.org
SAN ANGELO – The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service office in Tom Green County has set its annual “Last Chance” Pesticide License CEU Training from 12:30-6 p.m. Jan. 30 at the Texas A&M AgriLife Research and Extension Center located north of San Angelo on U.S. Highway 87.
Individual registration is $25 due upon arrival. RSVP by Jan. 26 to the AgriLife Extension office in Tom Green County at 325-659-6522 or 325-659-6523.
Josh Blanek, AgriLife Extension agent in Tom Green County, said five Texas Department of Agriculture units will be offered: one in the integrated pest management category, two general, one laws and regulations, and one drift minimization.
“Though the speakers and topics change, the format will be familiar for those who have attended this program in the past,” Blanek said. “We call it the last chance course because it’s the last time our office will offer Texas Department of Agriculture continuing education units before this year’s Feb. 28 deadline.”
Blanek said all Texas Department of Agriculture private applicator license holders must earn 15 continuing education units in specific categories over the five-year period to keep the license valid. Commercial and noncommercial applicators are required to earn five units yearly. Older licenses renew at the end of February, but more recently issued licenses renew on the anniversary of the date they were originally issued.
Topics and speakers will include:
– Pest Control Around the Home and Barn, Joel Webb, AgriLife Extension integrated pest management agent for Runnels and Tom Green counties.
– Reducing Pesticide Use Through EarthKind Practices, Allison Watkins, AgriLife Extension horticulturist in Tom Green County.
– Pesticide Laws and Regulations, Cory Pence, Texas Department of Agriculture representative, San Angelo.
– Weed and Brush Herbicide Updates and Recommendations, Blanek.
– Drift Minimization and Equipment Calibration, Dr. Billy Warrick, retired AgriLife Extension agronomist, Water Valley.
The post Annual ‘Last Chance’ Pesticide License CEU Training is Jan. 30 in San Angelo appeared first on AgriLife Today.
Source: Agriculture Section – AgriLife Feed