Writer: Blair Fannin, 979-845-2259, email@example.com
Contact: Justin Hale, 817-556-6370, firstname.lastname@example.org
CLEBURNE – Central Texas cattle producers will hear the latest updates on the cattle market and beef demand, plus herd health and management strategies at the 10th Annual CenTex Beef Cattle Symposium Sept. 28 in Cleburne.
The workshop will be held at the Johnson County Sheriff’s Posse, 1315 S. Main in Cleburne. Registration begins at 7:30 a.m. with the program beginning at 8 a.m. and concluding at 4 p.m. Cost is $25 and includes a steak lunch.
“This program is the result of collaborative efforts from county agents in nine counties bringing together timely, relevant topics and issues that have key industry folks to address them,” said Justin Hale, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service agent for Johnson County. “This provides the cattleman attending this program a set of essential practices and knowledge in developing their beef cattle management.
“Attendees can expect the topics to be addressed from a non-biased research-based standpoint with unique perspectives from each of those presenting the items.”
Program topics and speakers include:
- Herd Health and Heifer Development, Dr. Joe Paschal, AgriLife Extension livestock specialist, Corpus Christi.
- Minimizing Calf Loss Through Nutrition and Drought Nutrition Management, Dr. Doug Hawkins, Purina Animal Nutrition, Grandview.
- Cattle Market Update and Cost Breakdown of a Cow-Calf Operation, Dr. David Anderson, AgriLife Extension livestock marketing economist, College Station.
- Hot Bulls, Bovine Trichomoniasis, What Is It?, Dr. Hank Hays, veterinarian, Texas Animal Health Commission, Austin.
- Beef Quality Assurance Practices and Their Role in a Successful Cattle Operation, Dr. Jason Cleere, AgriLife Extension beef cattle specialist.
- Pasture Weeds and Management Measures, Gerald Hobson, regional sales manager, Bayer Environmental Science, Weatherford.
For more information, call the AgriLife Extension office in Johnson County at 817-556-6370.
The post 10th Annual CenTex Beef Cattle Symposium Sept. 28 in Cleburne appeared first on AgriLife Today.
Source: Agriculture Section – AgriLife Feed